This seminar will provide practitioners with new strategies and techniques to handle workers' compensation cases in the changing economy.This fast-paced program features a panel of some of the most respected New Jersey Workers' Compensation Judges and attorneys, who will review and provide insight on the top issues and cases that have emerged during the past year.
As an attendee, you’ll pick up practical pointers that have proven successful in matters ranging from jurisdictional issues through coverage of employment. The program will expand your horizons and broaden your practice potential into expanding in developing areas of the law. Make plans to register today!
Program Agenda: • The New Rules For Preparing, Defending and Processing Motions For Emergent Medical Care That Require A Showing Of “Irreparable Harm.” - Hon. Peter J. Calderone
• The Standard Of Proof Required To Establish Liability In A Multiple Employer And/Or Successive Insurance Carrier Orthopedic Claim - Nancy J. Johnson, Esq.
• Differences Among Jurisdictions in Cash Benefits - Professor Emeritus John F. Burton, Jr.
• What Should Be Considered In Addressing Injured Workers’ Needs For Adapting A Home As A Barrier-Free Environment - Jerome L. Eben, AIA. PP. CID
• The Evidence Burden Required To Successfully Establish Compensability In A Claim Involving Secondary Fragrance Exposure In The Workplace - Kenneth A. DiMuzio, Sr., Esq.
• How And When An Employer Or Subsidiary Can Assert A Lien On Settlement Proceeds From A Third Party Recovery - John J. Jasieniecki, Esq.; James Jude Plaia, Esq.
DOOR REGISTRATIONS: $189 Advance registration closes at noon of the day preceding the program. After that time you may still register, space permitting, for the Door Registration Fee. PLEASE CALL FIRST to confirm the seminar schedule and space availability.
* NJSBA Member Price – To qualify for this reduced price, you must provide your NJSBA Member# at the time you place your order. If you place your order without providing your NJSBA Member#, you will be charged the regular price.
New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education The non-profit continuing education service of: The New Jersey State Bar Association Rutgers - The State University of New Jersey Seton Hall University One Constitution Square, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901-1520 Phone: (732)214-8500 Fax: (732)249-0383 • CustomerService@njicle.com