"This rule modifies the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions in 42 CFR 88.1 to add the following conditions (types of cancer identified by ICD-10 code are specified in the discussion below):
▪ Malignant neoplasms of the lip, tongue, salivary gland,
floor of mouth, gum and other mouth, tonsil, oropharynx,
hypopharynx, and other oral cavity and pharynx
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the nasopharynx
▪ Malignant neoplasms of the nose, nasal cavity, middle
ear, and accessory sinuses
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the larynx
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the esophagus
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the stomach
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the colon and rectum
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the liver and intrahepatic bile
▪ Malignant neoplasms of the retroperitoneum and
peritoneum, omentum, and mesentery 6
▪ Malignant neoplasms of the trachea; bronchus and lung;
heart, mediastinum and pleura; and other ill-defined
sites in the respiratory system and intrathoracic organs
▪ Malignant neoplasms of the soft tissues (sarcomas)
▪ Malignant neoplasms of the skin (melanoma and nonmelanoma), including scrotal cancer
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the breast
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the ovary
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the urinary bladder
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the kidney
▪ Malignant neoplasms of renal pelvis, ureter and other
▪ Malignant neoplasms of the eye and orbit
▪ Malignant neoplasm of the thyroid
▪ Malignant neoplasms of the blood and lymphoid tissues
(including, but not limited to, lymphoma, leukemia, and
▪ Childhood cancers
▪ Rare cancers
The Administrator developed a hierarchy of methods (detailed in Section IV of this preamble) for determining which cancers to 7 propose for inclusion on the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions. "
Mar 29, 2012
Zadroga Benefits Proposed By NIOSH for Some Cancers. A scientific committee has released a draft report recommending [Zadroga Act] compensation for 9-11 first responders. Those cancers include: esophagus, stomach, ...
Jun 08, 2012
The New York Times is reporting this afternoon that The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has approved for compensation payments 50 types of cancers from the $4.3 Billion Zadroga 9-11 Fund.
Feb 08, 2012
Jon Stewart advocates for the Zadroga 9-11 Bill to cover cancer claims. The legislation enacted over a year ago provides benefits for those who were in the vicinity of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
Jun 29, 2012
Mesothelioma is a rare but highly fatal cancer of the thin membranes surrounding the chest cavity or abdominal cavity. The only well-established risk factor for mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos fibers. Prior asbestos ...
Jul 20, 2012
An increased risk of developing asbestos related disease, including mesothelioma, was identified in a recent study. Asbestos exposure has caused an epidemic of claims for workers' compensation benefits in the United ...