As of October 6, 2014, portal users will be able to enter
information on the new Prescription Drugs page for any
new and Work In Progress case before it is submitted
through the WCMSAP.
• Entry of the prescription drug information will be required,
when applicable, prior to submission of a case using the
• As is the current procedure, prescription drugs will be
verified and priced using the monthly Redbook Drug
Reference that is in effect at the date of submission.
• The new and revised WCMSAP pages that support entry of
prescription drug information are as follows:
- The Prescription Drugs page displays after a user clicks [Next] on the Diagnosis Codes page.
- • This page requires users to indicate if a claimant is currently taking or is expected to take prescription drugs as a result of the workers’ compensation injury.
- • If prescription drugs are anticipated, the user will click the [Drug Lookup] button to locate and select the applicable drug(s).