Nurses/Reproduction Issues/Shift WorkNIOSH studies are examining shift work and physical demands with respect to adverse pregnancy outcome among nurses, specifically the association between work schedule and risk of spontaneous abortion, preterm birth, and menstrual function.
This research was the first to look at shift work and pregnancy in U. S. nurses. NIOSH researchers are collaborating with the Harvard Nurses’ Health Study, which is the largest, ongoing prospective study of nurses. Results have shown that an increased risk of several reproductive outcomes, including spontaneous abortion, early preterm birth, and menstrual cycle irregularities, are related to shift work, particularly working the night shift. In addition, results show independent effects on reproductive outcomes from long working hours.
The study hopes to establish a cohort of over 100,000 female nurses of...
Jon L. Gelman of Wayne NJ is the author NJ Workers’ Compensation Law (West-Thompson) and co-author of the national treatise, Modern Workers’ Compensation Law (West-Thompson). For over 4 decades the Law Offices of Jon L Gelman 1.973.696.7900 email@example.com have been representing injured workers and their families who have suffered occupational accidents and illnesses.
- Night Shift Work Causally Linked to an Increase in Breast Cancer (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Respirators Are Not Enough: New Study Examines Worker Exposure to Silica in Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Sleep, Pain, and Hospital Workers (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Who Is Paying the Bills for Occupational Illnesses and Disease? (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Statement on malignant mesothelioma in the United Kingdom (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- What's Your Labor Worth? For Most of Us, Less Than It Was in 2000 (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Despite backlogs, VA disability claims processors get bonuses (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Lots of data to process for Calif. lead paint judge (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)