(c) 2018 Jon L Gelman, All Rights Reserved.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Shoveling snow led to shocking experience for one Jersey City employee, offical says

Shoveling snow can have a toll on the body, but one unlucky Jersey City employee got more than he bargained for when he received a shock from a utility box he touched. 
Just before 11 a.m. an employee from the Jersey City Incinerator Authority was shoveling snow at a crosswalk on Ocean Avenue between Armstrong and Van Nostrand avenues when he leaned up against a utility pole and received a shock, said a city official. 
The unidentified man was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, said Jersey City police and fire spokesman Bob McHugh
McHugh said details of the incident were developing but confirmed "this was not an electrocution."
PSE&G officials did not respond to The Jersey Journal's request for comment on the incident.

[Click here to see the rest of this post]