Sure, to some people #LaborDayIs about barbecues and fashion rules. But #LaborDayIs also about, you know, labor. Today, workers across the country are struggling for decent wages, safe workplaces, affordable healthcare, and even basic civil rights.
North Carolina’s Moral Monday
Learn more about Moral Monday and check out some sweet protest photos.
Oh and thanks to @sherierb for the thumbnail photo.
The Wisconsin Solidarity Singers
After the huge protests in 2011 against Wisconsin’s new collective bargaining restrictions, Gov. Scott Walker and his allies changed the rules at the state Capitol Building in Madison, requiring protesters to have permits. His reasoning? Um, none.
The Wisconsin Solidarity Singers had been gathering in the Capitol every day to protest the Walker agenda through song, and suddenly their gatherings were illegal. Singers started getting arrested. In response, hundreds of Wisconsinites joined their singing brethren to stand up to the...
- Jobs are coming back, but they don't pay enough (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- "Opting Out" of Worker's Compensation Hurts Workers and Employers (Part 1) (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Fast-food workers call for nationwide walkout Aug. 29 (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Bangladesh's Workers Deserve Better (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Why unions are turning on Obamacare (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)
- Fast food workers strike to double current wages (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)